Admission Announcement for the first batch of Sikkim Sowa Rigpa Course
FOR THE FIRST BATCH OF SIKKIM SOWA RIGPA COURSE
(AMJI – TIBETAN MEDICINE)
The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Deorali – Gangtok, Sikkim (India) regrets to inform that the entrance test for the Sowa Rigpa Course scheduled for 5th June has been postponed due to insufficient applications.
Although the course is open to Class XII pass students with a sound background in Tibetan language, the course is actually intended for Shastri and Acharya degree holders since a strong background in Tibetan language, history and Buddhism is required. We encourage Shastris and Acharyas to apply as the course will build on their existing knowledge while empowering them with the skills and knowledge of Sowa Rigpa, thus making them highly employable within and outside the state.
The 5 year Sowa Rigpa (Sorig) course will begin from July/August 2017 for a limited number of students. Interested candidates who fulfil the following criteria may apply for admission:
- A. Number of seats are as follows:
- 1. Total number of seats-10,
- a) 6 seats are reserved for students from within Sikkim.
- b) Remaining 4 seats are available to candidates from other parts of the country and the world.
- B. Qualificationsrequired for admission:
- a) Minimum qualification class XII pass certificate and migration certificate.
- b) Nuns and monks should produce certificate of passing out from monastic college (Sheda) with a recommendation letter from their respective monasteries/Institutions.
- c) The candidates should be well versed in Tibetan language, Tibetangrammar, Tibetan history and religion,etc.
- d) Maximum age limit 28 years. Supporting documents to be submitted.(Age relaxation will be given to those candidates, who have Shastri/Acharya qualification and having sound Tibetan background).
- e) The candidate must produce identification documents such as voter card, Aadhaar card or passport.
- f) Admission form can be obtained from the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology office or can be downloaded from the website –www.tibetology.net
- g) The last date for submission of the application is 26th June 2017.
- h) Candidates may also submit application online within 26th June 2017. The email contact address is given below.
- C. An entrance test will be conducted to select the candidates at the place and date indicated hereunder:
- a) Venue – Namgyal Institute of Tibetology.
- b) Date – 5th July, 2017
- c) Time –10:30 AM to 1:00PM
- d) Subjects to be tested – Tibetan grammar, Tibetan history and religion, composition in Tibetan and composition in English.
- C.Candidates who qualify in written test will be called for viva voce test at the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology.
Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
Deorali – Gangtok, 737 102
Email – email@example.com
Ph. +91 3592 280 822
(M) +91 98320 31614
click here to download the admission form : Application Form