Sowa Rigpa College Admission Announcement
ADMISSION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE FIRST BATCH OF SIKKIM
SOWA RIGPA COURSE (BACHELOR OF TIBETAN MEDICINE)
The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Deorali – Gangtok, Sikkim (India) will be starting a Fiveyear SowaRigpa (Sorig) course beginning July, 2017 for a limited number of students. Interested candidates who fulfil the following criteria may apply foradmission:
- A. Number of seats are as follows:
- 1. Total number of seats-10,
- a) 6 seats are reserved for students from within Sikkim.
- b) Remaining 4 seats are available to candidates from other parts of the country and the world.
- B. Qualificationsrequired for admission:
- a) Minimum qualification class XII pass certificate and migration certificate.
- b) Nuns and monks should produce certificate of passing out from monastic college (Sheda) with a recommendation letter from their respective monasteries/Institutions.
- c) The candidates should be well versed in Tibetan language, Tibetangrammar, Tibetan history and religion,etc.
- d) Maximum age limit 28 years. Supporting documents to be submitted.
- e) The candidate must produce identification documents such as voter card, Aadhaar card or passport.
- f) Admission form can be obtained from the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology office or can be downloaded from the website –www.tibetology.net
- g) The last date for submission of the application is 22ndMay, 2017.
- h) Candidates may also submit application online within 22ndMay, 2017. The email contact address is given below.
- C. An entrance test will be conducted to select the candidates at the place and date indicated hereunder:
- a) Venue – Namgyal Institute of Tibetology.
- b) Date – 5thJune, 2017
- c) Time –10:30 AM to 1:00PM
- d) Subjects to be tested – Tibetan grammar, Tibetan history and religion, composition in Tibetan and composition in English.
Candidates who qualify in written test will be called for viva voce test at the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology.
Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
Deorali – Gangtok, 737 102
Email – email@example.com
Ph. +91 3592 280 822
(M) +91 98320 31614
click here to download the admission form : Application Form